Truck Accident Injury Attorney
5 REASONS TO CALL US BEFORE CALLING TRUCK ACCIDENT INJURY ATTORNEY IN SOUTH FLORIDA AREAS: HALLANDALE, MIAMI, FORT LAUDERDALE
If you ever find yourself in the misfortune of being in an accident involving a truck, this information can be of vital importance. Here are 5 reasons to call us before calling truck accident injury attorney in south Florida areas: Hallandale, Miami, and Fort Lauderdale.
1. An intrastate carrier is a truck that goods are only being shipped within one particular state. For example, a shipment from Atlanta, Georgia to Macon, Georgia will be considered an intrastate delivery. The truck should not leave the state.
2. An interstate carrier is a truck that carries goods from one state to another, usually making stops along the way in other states. For example, a truck carrying goods from Atlanta, Georgia to Chicago, Illinois can make stops in Louisville, Kentucky and Dayton, Ohio as well. In addition, there is authorization from Canada and Mexico if the shipment is going to either country.
3. The rules and regulations for intrastate and interstate carriers differ. There are also a set of regulations for tractor-trailer trucks, whether the truck is doing a partial or full delivery, and how long the driver can go without taking a rest/break. It is the responsibility of the trucking company to make sure that the truck is logged in correctly as either intrastate or interstate. If any changes are made to the delivery, such as going from an intrastate to an interstate delivery, it is vital that the information is changed. Loads are insured for only what is supposed to be on the truck and sometimes trucking companies try to bypass this law.
4. If you or your loved ones are involved in an accident with a garbage truck, it is important to contact an experienced and knowledgeable attorney in south Florida specializing in garbage truck accidents immediately. They will know to do such things as have the truck inspected for malfunctions and to take action. They will also review closely police statements, talk to any witnesses, and take what you say seriously.
5. An accident injury clinic, like Chiropractic Clinics of South Florida, will focus on helping you heal by providing personal injury treatment for your specific injuries. Moreover, if you need legal help, we can guide you in the right direction.